I offer services to FIRST TIME Authors so they can forge an economical way to publish a book. Using my book formatting service coupled with Lulu or Amazon, you can print or publish your novel or any other type of book, without the need to spend hundreds of pounds or order vast quantities of books and keep them in storage.
You can go down the Major publishing route and wait for several rejection slips to pop through your letterbox if you want, but you have probably been put off by their price or their complexity. After 40 years in publishing and print I want to help you achieve your goals using professional software using simplified processes at an economical price.
It can be quite daunting looking at the myriad of self publishing firms that offer to publish a book and then you discover the price tag. My Self Publishing Book Formatting Service costs just £100. The initial stage costs £50. I format the book and supply a printed proof copy for you to read. After proof reading, the script goes through extensive Editing process to add corrections.
It includes cover production using your design or idea. If you need to publish on Lulu I will open an account for you. You can then order as many copies as you wish from packages which enable you to sell all over the world. I provide you with a PDF files which you can take to a printer of your choice.
The Process is quite simple…..
In my experience I think LULU and AMAZON offer the most opportunity to sell your book, and here is a quick rundown of the process:-
- You, the author, write the book.
- I use Adobe Indesign, like any major publisher to format the book.
- I produce a printed proof copy of the book with a cover which incorporates your design, photographs or illustrations, if you have them.
- I send you the book together with an Edit List so you can note down any corrections that are needed. It is a good idea to get your transcript proof read by a professional at this stage.
- If you intend to sell your book on Amazon and in other book shops, I will provide you with an ISBN so you can also purchase a Lulu distribution package if you intend to go with them. Either method will make your book available worldwide. You can purchase a FREE ISBN from Lulu but you will not own your own work.
- After corrections for the book have been sent and the final design and wording of the front cover, I will edit the book and I produce the cover using your final design.
- I can open a Lulu account for you and upload the final version of your book in your account. You may order any quantity at times to suit yourself.
- If you use a Lulu ISBN you can sign up for the Lulu Global Reach package which is free. This will enable Amazon and other book sellers to access details of your book in order to sell it.
- You may also download your PDF files and take them to a Printer. I will make sure its a professionally made pdf which meets Industry specifications.
What I will do
I will produce a book with the following format:
Size: Royal (6.13 x 9.21 ins). This is standard Industry size for a paperback, but look elsewhere on my site for all available book sizes.
I also use Typekit from Adobe so any font that is eligible and professional will be used. I will offer advice on any font you choose
Chapter headings will be stylised and included in your Table of Contents
Paragraph sub headings will be in bold lettering, and I use Drop caps at the start of Chapters but usually delete these for Kindle as they are still proving troublesome on conversion.
I will produce and format front and back pages pages of the book, alongside Inside front and Inside back cover artwork
Include a Copyright statement and a ISBN
Produce a Table of Contents, Folios and an Index if its Non-Fiction.
Repair and eliminate multiple Returns, Spaces and Tabs
Formulate any table work from tabbed columns or text and embed them and Images into the workflow.
Correct any obvious spelling mistakes and punctuation.
Add your .jpg design, picture or photograph to the cover. A separate file must be supplied for the front and the back. I will usually provide quotes if no copy is forthcoming for the back page
Should you wish to produce a book with a different size or font, or you wish to discuss the package with me, or have any other queries or concerns please email me from the contact page on this website.